{d e c e m b e r}

By Brooke Riley - December 22, 2021

ah, December. honestly the fact that not only is December over, but so is the year is quite baffling. 

this year was one of hardship. one of broken hearts and many tears and nights of loneliness. one of broken thing and building it back up. 

Here's a little review of what happened during the year. 

January- my dog ran away because of fireworks that startled him and he didn't come home.
February- The Texas Winter Storm and my brother was injured badly. (He's okay now!!) 
March- some sad things happened regarding my dog. long story short, he now has a new home. 
April- bestie's birthday and Easter. (okay so I don't remember much in April sue me xD) 
May- my birthday, one year at my current job
June- sibling birthday, hot summer
July- sibling birthday, also a hot summer, but patriotic
August- hot. summer.
September- still hot but United We Fall came out!!
October- starset released a new album and that's all that matters. Also Halloween and the annual freaking out about fixing spotify before its too late
November- some days were cold, some were not, Thanksgiving happened and it wasn't a great one but that's okay
December- now we're here and it's been a good and hard month at times. Christmas doesn't always feel like Christmas, especially when it's warm but that's okay, too. 

so yeah. it's been a good and a hard year and I'm learning and growing. I'm finding myself a bit more and I'm hoping that maybe 2022 will bring more growth and some good things. I feel like I've had a lot of not so easy years in a row and I would like some positive changes to take place in the coming year. 

That's about it for this wrap up. I know it isn't impressive or even all that great, but the year passed me by and I don't remember every little detail. I'm hoping to keep a better log of every month in review for next year. 

Now as for what's to come in 2022, you can expect more writing, more poetry, more books, and a lot of raw posts about feelings and hearts and songs. 

See you in 2022 <3

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I'm so grateful to have spent 2021 with you <3 I can't wait to see what 2022 holds for us. God is going to do so much for us--I believe that <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, my love. i'm excited for another year of your friendship <3

      Delete
  2. Haha, I feel the same way about 2021 - I feel like I don't remember much of it at all. But hey, the Starset album is EPIC so this year was not a complete failure!

    Here's to a wonderful 2022 for you, Brooke <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. starset is life xD

      I hope your 2022 is amazing <3

      Delete
  3. I hope your 2022 is full of hope and life and beauty! And I am so, so sorry about your pup - that sounds tumultuous and sad to lose a beloved friend. Here's to a New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's very hard. yesterday marked a year and it was hard to go through. thank you <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  4. I'm just impressed you were able to remember something from each month. Mine get all scrambled. Sorry about your dog.
    Hope 2022 is good for you! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. usually everything gets scrambled but I'm hoping to journal more and remember more things from the months. thank you so much <3 <3 <3

      Delete