{n o v e m b e r} you made me high then you swooped so low

By Brooke Riley - December 01, 2021




Posts From This Month:


I barely got any writing in, despite attempting a writing challenge. I realized the WIP I was working on just wasn't going well for me. It was something I loved and still do. And it will be worked on when the time is right. So I started a new idea. But it's kind of... it's been hard to write honestly. 

So if this is you, don't feel bad. November is hard sometimes, with all the pressure to BE a writer and WRITE so many words. It can be encouraging to know so many other writers are with you, but it can be exhausting to feel the weight of the pressure of it all. 

As for my November, not much happened.

Thanksgiving came. 
Thanksgiving went. 
I work retail, so Black Friday was a thing. 

I put up my Christmas tree. 

I'm still burning pumpkin-scented candles and holding on to the last few moments of autumn. It flew by too quickly. It's been colder this year compared to most. 

I'm in a massive reading slump, so I haven't really touched any books lately. Any recs, send them my way please and thanks. 

I think that's about it. How was your November? Did you have a good month? Here's to December being bright and merry!

~Brooke ๐Ÿ–ค


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. The autumn vibes this year were really much less than usual--I kind of want to get a pumpkin candle for the Christmas season even though it won't be correct. Poinsettia time, I guess?

    Thank you for sharing all the lyrics to everything Starset--I love them so much and your joy for them makes me so happy.

    I love you <3 I hope December is a better month overall. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still burning my pumpkin candles tbh xD

      starset is my heart!

      I love you too!! it will be I think. We have plans ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€

      Delete
  2. I feel the same way every. single. November. like, if I do not write a masterpiece in thirty days I might as well not write for the rest of the year haha. Also, I work retail too and I feel your Black Friday pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. writing is a gift and if people can write a novel in 30 days good for them. I've done it once and it was fun for sure but also I find a lot of enjoyment in slowing things down and just living in the moment of the books I'm writing.

      Retail is a pain xD

      Delete
  3. I haven't been able to write either, was also burning fall candles through November, their the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. writing is the enemy rn. yesss I think I'll be burning my pumpkin candles through the new year tbh

      Delete