{j a n u a r y} did I wash out in the january rain?

By Brooke Riley - January 28, 2022




cold, lonely days
quiet, colder nights

there isn't much to say about this month
a month that's supposed to be fresh starts 
I found pieces of myself that I had lost
but I found grief, too



music kept me sane
music spoke words I didn't know how to say
or even how to form



in limbo// munn
psycho// boy in space
this house is not a home// munn
gone// blake rose
grenade// bruno mars
enemies// the score
therapy// voila 





changes and feelings and broken rawness of human emotion exist in this supposed "fresh start" that January brings. I'm learning to put myself first for once. I'm learning how to do things the way I want to do them and not let people influence who I am or who I want to be. I'm working on myself and doing what I need. I'm trying so hard to stop trying to please every person and just do what I need for myself. and the thing is, we get into this idea that taking care of ourselves is selfish. But I've been pouring from a long-since empty cup and I truly have nothing to give if I can't take care of myself. and that's been a learning experience, from dealing with extreme fatigue, and headaches, and struggling to just function and exist in a world so unforgiving to those who are struggling. No one talks about the physical aspects of mental health, how it affects you so deeply. But here I am and I'm talking about it now. Take care of yourself. Drink water. Get enough protein. Stay away from screens when you can. It's hard but you'll be better off for it. 





I thought I throw in some random pinterest pins that caught my attention recently. No reason for doing so other than I wanted to. :) 



that's about it for this post. check out the songs I listed. remember spotify is a safe place. pinterest is also. find comfort in small things. read a comfort book if you need to. I did and it helped me a lot. dream your dreams. keep rising, friend <3











  • Share:

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I love your soul. I love your lyrics. Thank you for sharing your heart <3 All of this is just so aesthetic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see myself in this post so hard.
    Love this as always. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 <3 <3 love everything that you do Brooke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There’s something so powerful underlying the words of this post even though it is so delicate. Like thorns under a rose’s skirt or something. It gave me chills.

    ReplyDelete