just a lil update about this blog and life in general

By Brooke Riley - March 22, 2022

 *sighs* 

sometimes, I get into the groove of writing posts. Then I go radio silent for a while. I started making this blog more poetic and about my words... but I have a lot of thoughts that are too big for Instagram captions and that I want people to read. 

I want to invest real time and effort into this blog. But sometimes, that time and effort require energy I don't have. 

I have thoughts on the world and on writing books that I want to talk about. Sometimes I do just want to post poetry and words I've been writing down. 

So it's time for a change of pace. I'm going to remodel this blog. This means it may be under construction when you are reading this post. So don't be alarmed if it's all wonky. I'm shifting my focus to writing and publishing whatever the heck I want on this blog. 

It could be a post about opinions of on the world.

It could be about books and writing them.

it could be something else. 

I don't yet know exactly what I'm wanting to do, except everything and anything. I need the freedom to just do whatever I feel like doing. I love writing poetry and making aesthetic posts and sometimes I have opinions I don't know what to do with. 

Being an author has made blogging harder for me, personally, because I want to be professional but I also want to just post whatever is on my mind at the time. 

I fear getting canceled if an opinion I hold is too controversial but then again, I don't know how many people are going to read my blog. Maybe I'll bring in some new readers or maybe it will be my loyal tribe that's been here since day one. 

Either way, there are more things coming. 

I'm not dead and considering it's been a minute since I've posted, I'm sure y'all were wondering if I had taken up being a ghost, ready to haunt the world. While that sounds absolutely amazing at the moment, I am still a fleshy human being who has emotions and thoughts and feelings and nowhere else to put them except here. 

So yeah, that's about it for now. 

The remodel is coming soon or may be taking place when you read this. And then I will start publishing posts on anything I want to post about. 

keep rising, friends <3

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. this BLOG is so beautiful and I love it. Thank you so much for being honest with us and for sharing little pieces of the words in your soul <3 I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though I so often fail woefully at commenting, I always love your posts and reading about anything that's on your mind or heart. You have such thought-provoking words. You should never hold them back when you want to share--no matter what it is! I will happily read whatever words you want to give us. <3

    (Also, everything is looking so, so lovely over here!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, Christine! I've not been good at commenting anywhere, either. But I'm so glad you enjoy reading! <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  3. Everything looks so beautiful! I always love everything you write! <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love blogs that have a bit of everything, so I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete