growing up is ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ค

By Brooke Riley - April 27, 2022



 one moment
you're in your room
dreaming of the world outside your window

the next you're living in that world
fighting to make your place
not really living anyway

in that world full of dreams
there's nothing but broken memories
and songs that you can't listen to

we try to clutch onto the things
that give us hope
but eventually, those are tainted too

what are we left with 
except for the knowledge
that we're supposed to keep moving

don't stop swimming
you'll just drown
in the weight of the feelings you've ignored

expected to be perfect
and do it all
everything feels wrong

everything
always feels
wrong 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. This is so relatable. And beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO good, boo. I love you. I'm proud of you. You bring me such joy, and I know it feels impossible now, but...I love you and I am so very proud of you and glad to know you and have you. You are such a blessing and gift, and I don't want to imagine my world without you in it. Thank you for your enduring friendship. Everyone should have a best friend like you (but not you personally of course. You mine.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very late to this, but I love this post so so much <3 <3 your words are poetic and beautiful as always :)

    ReplyDelete