introducing my new wip

By Brooke Riley - January 11, 2023


The time has come to introduce my new wip. 

I don't really have a full description for this book yet, so this entire post is going to be in aesthetics and lyrics. that's pretty on-brand for me, anyway. 

So without further ado, I present to you Runaways. 




Characters:



Wesly "Wes" Andrews

Age: 21


Appearance: brown-blond curly hair, lanky, tall, wiry frame


MBTI: ESTP


Traits: bold, rational, practical, original, perceptive, direct, sociable, impatient, unstructured, risk-prone, may miss the bigger picture, defiant


Notes: the jokester who hides his emotions behind jokes, lightens the mood often, isn’t serious too much or else he has to feel things


Song: Miracle//the score

It's not just a phase//Now let me explain//I'm working through some shit//Sometimes I'm medicated




Alric "Ricky" Vasquez


Age: 22


Appearance: brown hair, blue eyes, tan, tallest of the group


MBTI: INFJ


Traits: creative, insightful, principled, passionate, reluctant to open up, perfectionistic, avoids the ordinary


Notes: reliable, cool, calm, collected, has thoughts but doesn’t say them unless asked to, great advice, the dad of the group, latino


Song: Reveries// bones and bridges

money, cash, cars, clothes//nothing ever fills these holes




Layla Foster

Age: 19


Appearance: blond, blue eyes, 5’6, 


MBTI: ISTP


Traits: optimistic, energetic, creative, practical, spontaneous, rational, great in crisis, relaxed, stubborn, insensitive, risky behavior, 


Notes: edgy, grunge aesthetic, messy buns, jean jackets, for the aesthetic, badass, sass master,


Song: Every piece of me// Illenium

so why are you still trying// to take me down//when every piece of me is on the ground





Olivia Jameson 

Age: 20


Appearance: brown hair, brown eyes, shortest of the group


MBTI: ISFP


Traits: charming, sensitive to others, imaginative, passionate, curious, artistic, fiercely independent, unpredictable, fluctuating self-esteem


Notes: quiet, poet, dreamer, not good at expressing emotions, kind heart, purest of the group, has seen things though, heartbroken by too many bad guys


Song: hearts on fire// Illenium 

I wish you could read my mind//Or give me a sign//Or tell me you wanted to be mine//This is for the hearts on fire 



Everest Wilson

Age: 21


Appearance: dusty brown hair, tall, green eyes, slight tan


MBTI: INFP


Traits: thoughtful, open-minded, loyal to values, creative, difficult to get to know, self-critical, impractical, conflict averse


Notes: books, music, dreams, philosophical, emotions he doesn’t know how to deal with, troubled past, dark history, bad family life


song: numb// declan j donovan

I’m sorry I can’t give enough//these scars they only leave me numb//I’m paying for my own mistakes//but I’ve given all my feelings away


Music:




Keywords:

coming of age//roadtrip//summer vibes//grief//loss//friendship//unbreakable bonds//love//hope

What Runaways is about

Runaways is a story about friendship. It's about facing the pain of the past. Of looking forward to better days. Of losing people you love and dealing with the grief that comes with that. These characters are going to go on deeply emotional journeys and while the road to these journeys will be far from easy, they're also about healing. About overcoming pain and rising up above it. Something you'll notice about my books, no matter the genre or the story, is that my characters will keep rising. 

While this book is going to be nothing like my trilogy, this stand-alone summer road trip novel is about moving forward and rising up above the things that knock us down. 

I'm excited to share more when the time comes. 

For now, follow me on Instagram if you don't already. I'll be posting more frequent updates over there rather than here. 

And if you'd like to subscribe to get my posts directly to your inbox, you can click here

That is all for now, friend. I hope you enjoyed learning about my new wip! 




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love this so much <3 This book is going to be so good and I can't wait to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete