{m u s i c} horizons: an album by starset

By Brooke Riley - November 17, 2021

to keep things short and fun and not annoying (because I know you all are tired of my starset obsession), I bring you my favorite lyrics from each song on the album. 


am I alive?
am I pretending?
you said I could fly
so go on, then
fill my eyes with fire
//the breach

I tried so hard to open up
and show you what's behind it
but you didn't need to hear me
'cause you were supraliminal 
//otherworldly

fell out of the air and you broke your wings
like you're doing every other time
made a new pair out of broken things
to give it all another try
//icarus

I push my feet to the edge
I look and I face my world
this lonely scene, I take it in
//earthrise

so sing tonight
we're ever bright
burning through space
I see your face
I could beat kryptonite 
//leaving this world behind

left blind in the darkness
but that's fine 'cause you like it
sheep becoming wolves and you eat from the paw
so open up and say "ah"
//devolution

we know eye for eye
would leave us both blind
but I was deaf and dumb
I surrender, I lift the white flag high
but now you're out for blood
//annihilated love

I waited til the moon had risen high
escaped your tide and pull on me
I piloted the labyrinths of lies
haunted by the hooks in me
//alchemy 

I did the math but it just don't add up
there's a whole world that used to be us
now there's an echo calling me
just a shred of memory
emptiness, but there's still a shadow
I catch a glimpse of someone I should know
//disappear

I get lost in the world sometimes
star-crossed, looking for a light but it won't shine
so North-star come and guide me to you
//this endless endeavor 

torn into pieces
I was seeking what could bring me back to life
and I swore there were voices
saying stop pretending you will never feel alive
//symbiotic

thunder in my head
but I'm done waiting for rainbows
my slumber won't end
hiding in the shadows
//dreamcatcher

blind
you wouldn't see what's real if it hit your eyes
lies
and fantasies to deal 'cause you're dead inside
//tunnelvision 

we do it one by one
put your hands up and run
we're addicted to the panic
and we hate the way this world has become
but there's ain't no cure for it
//infected

how can I tell if the sky is falling
how can I fix what there is no mending
how can I tell if I am not well
I've lost myself, I have come undone
//something wicked



~brooke🖤🥀






  • Share:

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. ALL OF THESE LYRICS AHHHH!!!!! You hit the nail on the head for all of them--all the ones you picked are just PERFECT and I love them so much <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much <3<3<3 I love these songs so much, as you know since you get to hear allllll my ramblings. love you boo <3

      Delete
    2. I love your ramblings and I will NEVER get tired of them <3

      Delete
  2. This is such a cool idea and I love all those lyrics! Now I want to make a blog post with some of my favorite lyrics of my favorite albums in it too haha

    www.melodypersonetteauthor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend doing it! it's so fun and therapeutic too!!

      Delete