hello fresh starts

By Brooke Riley - October 09, 2021



*photo cred from pinterest*

if you're following me from my previous blogs, you're probably wondering what is going on right now. 

I didn't think this would happen, but it struck me late tonight that I wanted to come back to blogger. WordPress is fun, but it's so annoying to navigate. and my old blogger blog just isn't home to me anymore. 

I will leave those blogs open because they are chapters in my story. 

but this is the new story I'm hoping to write. one of dreams and ideas. 

one of hopes and lights. 

if you're wondering where the blog name comes from, it's from a STARSET song called Everglow. it's from their vessels album. if you've been following me for more than a few days, you'll know I am obsessed with a rock band called STARSET. They bring me a lot of happiness and you will find many references to their songs in my upcoming posts. (so if you get annoyed by my constant fangirling... too bad 😜)

but the line from the song that stuck out to me was:

Everglow
you'll never know the beauty I see when you open your shadows

and I think that's a beautiful thing. thus this blog was born. 

I hope you'll stick around. 

until next time...

🖤brooke

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. so excited for you!!!!!!! can't wait to see where you go next with this <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, boo, for supporting me through this ❤🥀

      Delete
  2. Excited for the new blog, I could never figure WordPress out either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! I was able to learn most things, but when it came down to it, it was too complex to be fun. blogger is simple, and I know that's why a lot of people want WordPress because it has more to it. but I've always preferred simple things and blogger helps me have more time for fun rather than going through and having to format a post in complex ways.

      all that's to say is I'm glad I know the process of wordpress now, but blogger is a lot better for what I need

      Delete
  3. Yay, welcome back to Blogger!!! (and this new look is just *chef's kiss*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! this felt more like me than anything!! it feels nice to be back in my element, haha

      Delete
  4. I can't wait for the beautiful things you're going to create here! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much!! your support means everything!! <3 <3

      Delete
  5. Brooke, I am dying. I'm a bit late, but your blog is the actual BEST & the aesthetic is immense. I absolutely cannot wait to read more, oh my gosh, amazing job <3

    [from ryan elizabeth @ryanelizabethwrites, my account is being weird]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhhhh hi!! So glad you're here! I'm way late to reply I'm sorry about that! Thank you so much!!

      Delete