if i stare into the abyss will it stare into me?

By Brooke Riley - October 22, 2021

If you know me... you know that post title is lyrics from a starset song.

Today, I am here with a post full of starset lyrics and aesthetics because they released a new album today. I am screaming and jumping around, but trying to look casual while I write this. 

These lyrics will be from some of my favorite starset songs from the three previous albums. But I will likely do another post like this dedicated to the new album!! So without further ado...


✦✦✦✦✦


I cannot stop this sickness taking over
it takes control and drags me into nowhere
//my demons









but I found in you
what was lost in me
in a world so cold and empty
//dark on me



I'm falling
apart
inside your holographic heart
lost souls
dancing
and now the lie's collapsing
//bringing it down




















and the world is cold
but it's beautiful
I wish you were here now
I miss your soul
//last to fall




and I swam in the lakes of imposters
just to feel what it's like to pretend
there's no dreams in the wakes only monsters
and the monsters are my only friends
//unbecoming


















isolated
I succumb to the weight of the world
separated
I fall from the sky
//back to the earth



now all these sirens sing for me
but I just wanna hear your melody
I call and I can hear you sing
but oh
it's only my echo
//echo

















you were solstice 
you were everlight
and I miss the way you were
//solstice




I can't breathe at the thought of you
it's a telekinetic issue
set me free, I've been caught in you
overcome with a heartsick voodoo
//telekinetic 


















am  I too attached to a memory?
stuck in my head for eternity
am I in a dream
or the in-between?
//waking up



in my mind
endless sea
calling from the bottom but you don't hear me
send your line
down to me
meet me on the surface
I will never leave
//diving bell










  • Share:

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. these songs. Dustin is a modern poet. I love this so much <3 Thank you so much for sharing these pieces of your heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he is THE modern poet. Thank you so much <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. definitely recommend doing that! the new album is amazing!! everything I needed from them tbh

      Delete
  3. These aesthetics, both the pictures and lyrics, are *chef's kiss*

    ReplyDelete